Post Office Scheme: If there is a senior citizen in your house for whom you are looking for a better investment plan, here you will also get a guarantee of safe investment and also get good returns, then this scheme or scheme of the post office will come in handy in the future.
- The Senior Citizen Segment scheme of the post office gives you good returns as compared to the bank
- Second, you get Secure Investment here
- Second, you get the guarantee of secure investment here that
- Third, you get tax benefits here
- Here the interest rate is the interest rate per annum, you get 7.4%.
Post Office Scheme Eligibility
For the post office scheme people who are above 60 years of age can invest in it.
If we talk about retired civilian employees, then people above 55 years and below 60 years of age can invest here, but the thing to keep in mind is that you have to start investing within 1 month of retirement.
Retired Defense Employees above 50 years and below 60 years of age can start investing in this
In this scheme, you can open a single or joint account, but the amount deposited here is only owned by the primary account holder.
Post Office Scheme amount deposited Rule
Now let us talk about some rules for depositing the amount here.
- Here you have to invest a minimum 1000
- Here you can invest up to a maximum of Rs 1500000
- Cannot invest more than ₹ 1500000 amongst themselves and even if you do, you are given those returns
- Here you get tax benefits
- So the first thing is yes, but you are given interest on a quarterly basis.
- If you make more than 50,000 interest in a year then you will have to pay tax on it and if you less than 50000 then you will not have to pay any interest
Account Premature Closure Rules
If you had opened this account and if you close it before 1 year, you do not have to pay any kind of money.
So on the other hand, if you have closed your account after the completion of 1 year and before the completion of 2 years, then you have to pay 1.5% amount.
If you have closed your account after the completion of 2 years but before the completion of 5 years, then you will have to pay 1% amount in it.
But this amount is deducted from your principal amount.
If you had a standard account then your account can be closed only after 1 year
Account extension rules
The account holder who is with his form and passbook can extend his account with his form and passbook for 3 years
You have to submit the extension form within 1 year of maturity, after that your account cannot be extended
Extended accounts will get the same interest rate
How to open account in post office
In the post office, you can get your account opened by going to any nearest post office.
To open an account, you must have some documents, which has proved your address, age is proof and aadhar card and you should have your passport size photo
And if you want, you can also open your account in a bank account in private and public sector banks, you can also open your account in ICICI Bank Union Bank.
If you do your rounds in this school under public and private sector, then there are some benefits as well as the interest you have will be directly added to your bank account.
The account status is also sent to the second who is the holder of the account through mail.
With partner, if you face any problem then you get 24/7 customer care service.